Friday 16 March 2018

Formal Complaint Against The Crown Prosecution Service

Just sent:

Dear Sir or Madam, 

I am writing to complain formally that the Crown Prosecution Service intends to proceed with my trial at Durham Crown Court on 11th April, yet has made no disclosure of any evidence against me. Within the time available, it is now impossible for me to construct a defence, and thus impossible for me to receive a fair trial.

I have always denied both the evidential and the public interest basis of my prosecution. I continue to do so, while now contending, both that the first point has been conceded by the CPS, and that second point has been compounded by its decision, on grounds of lack of public interest, not to prosecute the father of Poppi Worthington. It is indefensible, so to speak, to suggest that there is no public interest in prosecuting him, yet there is a public interest in prosecuting me.

Moreover, I say again that no evidence has been disclosed, that it is now less than a month until my trial date, and that it is therefore impossible for me to receive a fair trial.

On all of those grounds, I am complaining formally against the CPS for its continuation of this prosecution.

Yours faithfully,

David Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment