Tuesday 31 October 2006

Nothing Is Too Good For The Workers

I have had quite enough grief from people whom I shall not name, and who sometimes do not even name themselves, about how claiming only the national average wage for full-time work, rather than a full MP's salary, would be all that I deserved anyway, and all that people who shared my views deserved anyway from "their" MP.

Well, I would actually be my constituents' MP, plain and simple. And I am now on record as believing that no EU law should have effect in the UK unless or until it has gone through exactly the same parliamentary process as if it were a Bill which had originated in our own Parliament. This would require Parliament to sit properly, as has not happened for many a long year, precisely because of the EU.

So let me make it clear that I would now indeed claim a full salary, because my constituents would be worth as much as anyone else's, and because I believe that MPs should be made to work proper hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment